Tuesday, October 24, 2017

Sugar Free/Gluten Free Brownies

The recipe is a work in progress.  I have only attempted it twice.  I made some adjustments the 2nd time I made it and it turned out way better than the first time.  SO I will likely be adapting this recipe as I make it more to figure out what works and what doesn’t.  The recipe DOES NOT make cake like brownies, they are a bit denser because of the lack of sugar.  But they are still good.  But for now here are the basics.

2 tablespoons of butter
12 packets of stevia
1 egg
1/3 cup of egg whites (about 2 egg whites)
¼ cup of unsweetened almond milk
1 teaspoon of vanilla extract (I use pure vanilla, but that’s just our preference)
1 cup of almond flour (I have been using Fine almond flour)
¼ cup of unsweetened dark chocolate cocoa powder (we prefer dark chocolate, you can use whatever kind of cocoa powder you prefer)
1/8 teaspoon of sea salt
1 teaspoon of baking powder
¼ cup of chopped raw almonds

Preheat oven to 350 degrees.  Cream together the butter, egg,  egg whites,  almond milk, and vanilla.  In a separate bowl whisk together the almond flour, cocoa, salt, baking powder and almonds.  Once mixed, slowly add into the other mixture and stir until all blended together.  Grease (I use an olive oil spray) an 8x8 cooking pan and add mixture.  Bake for 25 minutes. 

For mine I added a Sugar Free chocolate frosting that we bought from the store (any will do), and then added some more chopped almonds to garnish.  The next step is researching my own homemade sugar free chocolate frosting.  That is proving to be harder than thought, because I will use only Stevia.  I will not use anything that has aspartame or other artificial sweeteners.  Once I can get that figured out,  I will add that to this recipe!  If you adapt this recipe, let me know!  I am interested to see how it turns out!

No comments:

Post a Comment